Review Hearing Calendar
Review hearings take place in locations across Canada. Generally, hearings occur Tuesday through Friday mornings, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 12:00 p.m. There are typically five hearings per day, with each lasting approximately 30 minutes.
The Board’s hearings are open to the public. If you wish to observe hearings, please take note of the following information:
- This calendar is subject to change up until the last moment. We recommend you check back here the day before scheduled hearings to confirm that they are going ahead.
- Space in hearing rooms may be limited. Observers will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
- The majority of Review hearings take place in buildings where Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) offices are located. If you are attending hearings in one of these locations, please visit the VAC office front desk and advise them you are there to observe the Board’s Review hearings. A staff member will show you to the hearing room.
- For hearings taking place at a hotel, please go to the front desk and ask where the Board’s hearings are being held that day.
- Hearings typically start at 8:30 a.m. If you want to observe hearings, it is recommended you arrive at least 15 minutes before the first hearing of the day. If you arrive after 8:30 a.m. or at any time when a hearing is in progress, you will not be admitted until the start of the next hearing.
- Be mindful that the Review hearing is the Veteran's first and only opportunity to appear before decision-makers to tell their story. Disruptions must be kept to a minimum to preserve the integrity and dignity of the hearing. You are not permitted to talk during a hearing and must set your phone and any other electronic devices to silent mode before the hearing begins.
- After each hearing, the Board Members will ask you to step outside so they can deliberate. The next hearing usually begins within 15 minutes. You will be able re-enter the hearing room for the next hearing.
- For more information about what happens at a Review hearing, read this information sheet.